Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Sunday, September 6, 2026

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.



#this_i_recall
#therefore_have_i_hope
#quietly_wait
#salvation_of_the_LORD

"This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope."

recall (verb with object):
- bring (a fact, event, or situation) back into one's mind; remember.

Lamentations 3
21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his
compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Some thoughts on this passage:

i. Recalling: one can recall to mind only those things which he has heard, learned, embraced, and experienced; nothing can be recalled out of emptiness. 
- Fill up your mind and heart with the things of the LORD.

ii. Recalling and hope are intimately related: to recall or call to remembrance the things of the LORD animates, sustains, and maintains our blessed hope in the LORD.

iii. Recalling these things concerning the LORD:
- His unfailing mercies,
- His ever new compassions,
- His great faithfulness,
- His abounding goodness.

iv. Recalling the LORD's abounding goodness, we respond thus:
- We praise Him for preserving us, we are not consumed,
- We hope in Him,
- We wait for Him,
- We seek for Him
- We own Him as our portion,
- We hope for the salvation of the LORD.
- We quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Blessed is the man who exercises recalling to mind the blessed truths of the LORD.

Genesis 49:18 KJV —
I have waited for thy salvation, O LORD.

--------

A screenshot of the saints assembling for our morning services on 6 September (in the midst of Movement Control Order during COVID_19).
Thanks, Bro. Joe for the screenshot