A little conversation with Ben Askar*
1.57AM Thu
Ben Askar: Hi
8:47PM Thu
sing: Hi Ben.
BA
Hi, Beloved Brother. How are you? Brother, is there any Bible College that gives free distance education you knew. I like
to learn the word of God
sing
To a self-learning man, bible colleges
and seminaries are now irrelevant. There are lots of theological writings
online. The most important thing is to pick trustworthy sources.
Otherwise, you learn....
I know of an excellent website where I learn
and teach myself the word of God. Visit www...
(Check out John Gill's works also - his Body
of Doctrinal and Practical Divinity as well as his commentary of the whole
Bible.)
Have you ever asked the question, "Does
a bible college have a biblical mandate?" What does the Bible say about
the theological training of men?
2 Timothy 2:2 KJV — And the things that thou
hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men,
who shall be able to teach others also.
(To be self-teaching, you need to learn to
ask endless relevant questions when you study the Scriptures. One needs a
thinking mind to ask apt questions.)
BA
Great. Thank you; this will be great
helpful for me. Yes, I'm going through the website.
sing:
Otherwise you...* learn heresies,
damnable heresies.
2 Peter 2:1 KJV — But there were false
prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among
you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that
bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
BA
That's I have afraid
sing
What do you mean?
BA
I may learn damnable heresies
sing
Why do you say that? Unless one has
been taught and learned the truth, he wouldn't have a clue that he had imbibed
damnable heresies.
BA
Because we are in India. You know now
trolling is covid sent by God. All the Christians say.
sing
On what basis do they say that? COVID is caused by man's sin. God didn't send it; God permitted it to happen and let
it spread to humble the proud and haughty men who fear not God.
=====
*Ben Askar (son of a soldier) is not his real
name; the exchanges are real.
Mr and Mrs Askar (pictured) send their
warmest greetings.
