Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Monday, October 5, 2026

Truth demands allegiance- both consent and obedience

[02/01/2025, 22:21]
Yuan
I hv listened to Ps Jonathan Crosby's Ancient Landmarks sermon number 10. At the 39th minute, he mentioned the goats in Matthew 25:44-46. He said hell is true and also mentioned the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16. I think his stance on hell is the same as yours

Sing
When was the series on Ancient Landmarks preached?

Yuan
I dunno. Many years ago.
Coz there r 14 sermons but I can't seem to access the 1st sermon, so I dunno when it was preached.
It's 2006. Look at the top here.
Oh, he even wrote 12/12/2006 here at the bottom. 25 years ago
😅

When did you first discover Ps Jonathan Crosby? Oh, I remembered hearing him say in his Sermon # 10 here that he is coming to Malaysia soon.

So, he already knew u by then?
Ancient Landmarks – Let God Be True! https://letgodbetrue.com/sermons/index/year-2006/ancient-landmarks/

U can listen to sermon #10 starting from 39th minute

Sing
I heard the whole series live when he was with us the second time - he preached them in meetings we arranged for him in Singapore, KL, and Penang.

Yuan
I like this Ancient Landmarks series a lot

Sing
That’s great. How do the messages help you personally? Honest question.
More ammunition to run down those you consider "deformed"?

Yuan
Oh, I just want to discover the truth in the Scriptures

Sing
That is highly commendable.
Knowing the truth in the Scriptures has grave implications  and consequences.
Truth demands allegiance - both consent and obedience; mind as well as the will.
Luke 12:47 KJV — And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

James 1:22 KJV — But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Yuan
I don't mind telling you that I think I am slightly autistic. So I see everything as either black or white. So it's either the truth or its a lie

Sing
That's a great asset in the context of the truth in the Scriptures. Too many are too woolly and indifferent. They think that as long as they do believe something, that's all that matters.

I preached this last week...
Hebrews 13:9 KJT — Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Nevertheless, truth demands allegiance in doing... no excuse at all, especially when one can comprehend the truth in the Scriptures.

Yuan
U come down to PJ n baptise me in a swimming pool.

Sing
I’m flattered.
But tell Pastor Jonathan; he may be happy to come, or get his deputy in Kajang to do that for you.

Yuan
Hmm, got a Particular Baptist Church in Kajang? What's the name of the church?

Sing
I DIDN'T say it's a Particular Baptist Church. RBs call themselves Particular Baptists too.

Get further info from Jonathan. I tried to visit it once but was not welcome.

Yuan
So what kind of Baptist are they n how come u r not welcome?

Sing
No idea. [I requested for the address of the meeting premises but was turned away. I’m probably a heretic. LOL.]
All I know is the pastor is closely associated with Pastor Jonathan. That's what I have heard from Eng Sun. So, find out from those who know.

I loathe speculation and loose opinions.