![]() |
| A man illustrated and asked, "Do you agree?" |
What's your understanding of your salvation?
A man illustrated and asked, "Do you
agree?"
"I like the analogy I have heard
credited to the Eastern Churches. A captain goes to sea to rescue shipwreck
survivors. He searches back and forth for hours. He finds me; he throws me a rope. I grab it, put the loop around my body. He pulls me in. He gets me hot
food and drink and wraps me in blankets and gets me to medical care. Did I save
myself because I had to do one thing. Or does the captain get all the credit?
Of course he does. That is how I see my salvation. Do you agree?"
-----------
He received this reply from a Bible
teacher...
No, I disagree entirely with the man-made
caricature of salvation.
First, the Bible describes the man in the
water as hating the Captain and will have nothing to do with his stupid rope!
And would rather drown in the sea at the will of the Sea Monster Satan that
rules the waters, and in fact, he is a quadriplegic that cannot do anything
with the rope. IN FACT, he is dead!
Read John 10:26; Rom 8:7; I Cor 2:14; Eph
2:1-3; etc., etc.
Second, if the sea is filled with thousands
of drowning folks, and the Captain throws the rope to all of them, and only
five use it as you described, did the five save themselves in comparison to the
others, when the Captain tried his best to save all of them? Absolutely, they
saved themselves by making the difference!
Read John 8:47; I Cor 1:29-31; Eph 5:25-27;
etc., etc.
For the cause of God and truth...
================================
Fiction and fable blasted to shreds
