Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Monday, October 2, 2023

FEED... FEED... FEED My lambs, my sheep

FEED my lambs, FEED my sheep, FEED my sheep!
Feeding has to do with the living;
Food is not for the dead.  

 #regeneration #conversion #gospelpreaching

FEED... FEED... FEED My lambs, my sheep;

NOT make... make... make sheep for Me!

John 21:15-17
"He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
"He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
"And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep."

The sheep are already there by Christ's work and God's effectual calling. He sends you to feed those already there by His free and sovereign act of giving them eternal life through His Spirit in the effectual call.

But SO MANY preachers - both Arminians and their elitist cousins Calvinists - don't even understand this simple command; they sincerely think Christ commands them to go and help Him make His sheep through their preaching!

Oh, those deceived and deluded gospel regenerationists. What has bewitched them?

Why aren't they content with the noble work of feeding Christ's sheep with the food provided by the Lord Himself?

Why must they insist on their role in the divine work of regeneration?

Why must they usurp God's divine work of giving eternal life?

Isn't that an example of repudiating the word of Christ, and being an enemy of the cross of Christ?

I have never heard of a midwife foolish enough to insist that she had played any role in the conception of the child she assisted in delivering into the family. But such foolishness prevails in the Christendom.