Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Thursday, June 18, 2020

God the mudder!



June 18, 2015

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you???

At Tesco Extra in Sungai Dua, three "missionaries" led by a Korean woman, came up to Alice and wanted to deliver their "God the Mother" to her. Alice said, "if you want to talk about God the Father I will entertain you a bit, but if you want to talk about God the Mother, please talk to that father there," pointing to me. I knew what was coming, so I invited them to sit down. The man reluctantly sat down, but the two women wouldn't. I requested the young man to please show me where in his bible talks about his Mother God?"

He opened his bilingual Bible (the damned NIV, and Chinese), and confidently thumbed at Galatians 4:28 - "But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother." (NIV) - exclaiming, "there you are, it says, God is our Mother."

I was flabbergasted but didn't show it, even though I have very low tolerance from arrogant stupidity! He kept insisting that the passage speaks of God the Mother. I asked, "but what is the mother spoken of here, to what does the pronoun "she" refer?" He kept repeating, "to God, and she is our Mother" in an aggressive manner. Poor fellow, he is probably just ignorantly and naively regurgitating what he has been indoctrinated with!

He asked aggressively, "do you believe the Bible?" I said, "do you know that the Bible must be rightly understood and that you have perverted and twisted the simple teaching of that passage?" I wanted to explain to him the message of the epistle of Paul to the Galatians but he insisted that I don't even believe in the Bible.

When I suggested that what he is pushing is a heresy, he got very angry and started accusing me of not believing the Bible, blah, blah, blah.

I got a bit annoyed and said, "do you even understand simple English?" Can you please read the few verses before that verse and tell me what Apostle Paul is saying." He didn't want to, but stuck to his jammed machine gun!

I told them to leave as I have no pleasure conversing further with them. They left reluctantly after nearly causing a scene!

["But the Jerusalem that is above is free, which is our mother." (kjv)]

The NIV "she" - that's all it takes to get the minds of ignorant folks off to a tangent, and to come up with their idea of their Mother God!!!

This is perhaps a symptom of the feminized Christianity.

Beware, the Mother of Harlots who aggressively promoted the NIV is roaring and seeking whom she may deceive!