Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

It is coming to 20 years...


l-r: Lim Fong Jwong, Ho Eng Ghee, Poh Boon Sing, Kek Jen Wen

It is coming to 20 years... this Nov 07, 1993

Nov 7, 20 years ago I was ordained and set apart as a minister of Christ, for the work of the gospel ministry. The Lord has most certainly kept and preserved me every step of the way through 20 years of tumultuous but exciting journey. The Lord has not only spared me from wandering off into grievous errors, but has taught me more completely concerning His gospel, and saved me from grievous errors. His love towards the little church, of which I'm a member, is unceasing. May I continue to serve Him faithfully should He sees fit to give me another 20 years. My good wifey will endeavour to keep me young and healthy for the task!

The Lord gave me a truly great woman who is a perfect fit for a minister's wife. "Many daughters have done virtuously, but [my wifey Alice] excellest them all." Pr 31:9. Amen.

Brother Woon and I have stuck together since the beginning of the church May 1, 1993! I thank the Lord for every remembrance of this man of God!

PRAY FOR US Brethren, that we as a little church will remain steadfastly faithful unto the Lord Jesus Christ in this perilous times.

There's a short article here on the ordination:

http://things-new-and-old.blogspot.com/2009/10/iv-call-and-ministry-of-word.html