Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Monday, July 3, 2023

Paradise (paradeisos) and Heaven ('ouranos) are distinct

 

#Paradise - παρδεισος, paradeisos
#Heaven - ορανς, 'ouranos

Paradise and heaven are distinct; they are not synonymous. I hope you are aware; too many equate the two!

Jesus' spirit went to PARADISE after He died; after the third day, He was resurrected. He showed Himself to His disciples and was finally taken up to HEAVEN. 

Luke 23
42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in PARADISE.

I understand that the spirit of Jesus went to the PARADISE between His death and resurrection, i.e. during the intermediate state. After the resurrection, He ascended to His Father in HEAVEN, the eternal state. 

Please tell me if I'm wrong.

What did He do in paradise?

After His resurrection, the risen Lord said these,

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. 

When did Jesus ascend to His Father and His God? And where is His Father and God?

We read this report in Acts 1 when Jesus ascended to His Father and His God in HEAVEN...

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into HEAVEN? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into HEAVEN, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into HEAVEN.

The thief went to PARADISE, the intermediate state between death and resurrection. Jesus' spirit was there briefly, but after His resurrection, He was taken up to His Father and His God in HEAVEN.

You might want to take note of these simple facts.

2 Timothy 2:15 KJT
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.