Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

"The message of healing is the most vital of the whole Bible" - Dr BengO

Many no longer have any sense of shame 
for failing to rightly divide the word of truth.

Some weeks ago I met a certain Dr BengO. We introduced ourselves and made acquaintance. I have been receiving messages from him.

Read today's exchanges below... I hope you enjoy it. 
If you do learn something, leave your comments. 
=======

On Saturday June 11, Dr 
BengO* wrote,
My son... has written a sermon on "Preaching About Healing in the Name of Jesus" and will preach the sermon at Christian Fellowship in his School SMK St. Xavier, Penang this coming Monday.
  Because the message is very vital and his sermon is profound, I will get it published on my blog the next after Monday.  So, please to to my blog on Tuesday and read it. If you need healing from the Lord, you shall receive healing from Lord when you read it. This is how powerful his sermon. God bless you. [*BengO isn't his real name.]

Sing
Thanks, Dr. BengO.
When you have some time, read this short article...
https://things-new-and-old.blogspot.com/2021/05/the-order-of-salvation.html
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

BengO (Monday, June 13)
I have just published a sermon just preached by my son... on my blog. The message is the most vital of the whole Bible. We must all read this message from the Lord. God bless you. 
He preached it to his friends and teachers at Christian Fellowship in his school just now

Sing (Tuesday, June 14)
Thanks, Dr. BengO.
Why is the message [of healing] considered the most vital of the whole Bible? Honestly curious and desiring to know. 

BengO
The message of healing (both spiritual and physical, if it is spiritual, it must be spiritual too) in the Name of Jesus is the most vital of the whole Bible because it clings closely or I would say, because of the verses such as Genesis 2: 17, Genesis 3:22, Mark 2:5--11, John 8: 11, John 10: 10 and many  in he scripture, that it it identical to the gospel and the Cross. That is why Paul said in 1 Corinthians 2: 2. This closely and related message of the two is like what Jesus said about the woman and the gospel in Matthew 26: 13 (KJV). I pray the Holy Spirit will reveal more to you that to be healed is not optimal in issue of salvation. Therefore, come boldly to the throne of grace to take this goodness of God that belongs to us for the Lord has done it for His people. Oneness with God speaks volume here. God bless you, Pastor Lau. 

Sing
Thanks. I am trying to understand what you have written.
Why "if it is spiritual, it must be spiritual too"? Why the tautology?
(You have quoted not a few Scriptures. Let’s look at them.)

Concerning the statement on healing, whether physical or spiritual, as the most vital message of the whole Bible, I'm reminded of the words of Christ to the Apostles who performed great miracles and healing.

Luke 10:20 KJV — "Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."
- Christ's words instruct us that there is more vital truth to rejoice in than even the gift of healing or healing itself.
- Christ exhorts, "rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."

Concerning Gen 2:17, the spiritually dead needs regeneration, quickening to life from deadness; the dead can't be healed; only the living sick can be healed or need healing.

Ephesians 2:1 KJV – “And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins.”

What's your understanding of Gen 3:22? How is it related to the subject of healing? I'm eager to understand.

Concerning John 8:11 KJV — "She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
- This has nothing to do with healing but the gracious and abundant forgiveness, and a command to sin no more.

Concerning John 10:10 KJV — "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
- This has nothing to do with healing of the sick but the giving of life to the dead. The next verse repeats and confirms this: "¶I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."
- Verse 15 states the wonderful truth again, "As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep."

As for Mark 2:5-11, we missed the most vital truth if our focus is on the miracles/healings - something all too common today. The miracles/healing were merely an instrument/ a sign to point men to Christ, the Son of the living God. Sadly too many are still fixated with healing instead of their blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Let me illustrate- it's like a tourist getting fixated at the big “Pulau Pinang” signboard directing him to Penang island, the wonderful isle of the Pearl of the Orient; instead of relishing in all the wonders and goodness of Penang, he keeps talking about that big green “Pulau Pinang” road sign leading to Penang.

1Cor 2:2 clearly debunk the myth that the subject of healing is the most vital of the whole Bible. Instead, it affirms my comment and illustration on Mark 2:5-11.

Mt 26:13 magnifies the blessed deed of honouring Christ. Healing pales into nothing compared with concrete actions showing our love and devotion to Christ.

Thanks, Dr BengO. May our gracious Lord bless us as we learn together. Amen.

BengO
There is a lot you have touched upon. But you have totally misunderstood the short message I responded to you question you asked. Go and read my 200 writings on my blog, or at least read my son's sermon which posted in my blog

We do not focus on healing but we focus on Jesus.

And healing is the result of this intimate relationship with Christ

Being healthy is the nature of God. So, if we are born again and partake the nature as the book of Peter indicates we are healthy and we are healed. When we are sick we are not trying to be healed but we defend our healing in the name of Jesus. That is as this short I Iike to say

I have experienced the Lord personally of all healings

God bless you, Pastor Lau.

One more thing about your response to my answer is that I have found your understanding of verses of Bible loaded with the doctrine of theology.  Read the word of God only and remain in the word of God and let the Holy Spirit teaches you for a period of time, you shall the difference

God bless you

Sing
😊😊😊
I'm dealing with the statement you made "the message [of healing] is the most vital [of] the whole Bible."  If you believe that is true, then so be it. 

BengO
Check the Word of God. Pure heart sees God.

Sing Lau
I'm checking. That's why I responded to your statement. For the conversation to be profitable, we just need to stick to the word of God.

It's sad you don't see the falsity of the statement you have made in light of the word of God.

BengO
Continue to check the Word of God and seek  the Lord with all your heart, then you will know the  Truth of what He has revealed me even if it takes your whole life.

Do not forget this is also what people of the Law said to Jesus in the gospel

If you really mean what you are honestly seeking to understand

Though I have word of knowledge that you did not

Pure heart see God

You have come to defend your doctrine instead of seeking understanding

I have seen many are like this

Check your relationship with the Lord all this time

God knows who they that trust in Him

No point of arguing here. I am not interested

I have seen many healings and miracles in name of Jesus and even to cast out demons. This is more vital to me because my praise come from God and not of men

God bless you

Sing
God bless you too.
Good bye, Dr BengO.