Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Monday, February 28, 2022

Calvinistic Primitive Baptists

 

https://www.facebook.com/sing.f.lau/posts/10204027329419027
April 7, 2015

A FB friend wrote to inform me:
Apparently, Froyd Moller [actual name altered a wee bit] has blocked you and he posted this on my feed and I thought it only fair to relay it to you. You can't read his feed on my page. Froyd Moller posted: "... Sing has been visited by Elders who are sound and he is not to be trusted. The sooner you put him off of your feeds the quicker you can have rest. This is not against him as a person, but as his doctrine is not sound, his words are not to be trusted."

==========

Some while ago this Froyd Moller befriended me on FB. I accepted his request. We exchanged some; he raved and ranted some, and was unhappy with me telling him what I believe, and in the process pointing out his typical Calvinistic errors! He defriended me - this was perfectly fine with me, finer than his free act of befriending me.

His accusation above amuses me.

He spoke of Elders who had visited me. He can only be referring to Primitive Baptist Elders [Zack Guess with three other men] who had visited me about 10 years ago. They were in the region, in India on the way to the Philippines; they invited themselves to visit us, intensely eager to make us PB!). I won't question whether those Elders were sound or not. Now, let us just assume that those Elders were sound, and my doctrine is not sound, and my words are not to be trusted.

My question is simply: why then were those sound Elders so very desirous of a man with unsound doctrine to become a Primitive Baptist? Either they were similarly unsound, or someone is bearing false witness.  Fair conclusion?

One other PB elder was so eager and zealous to have me baptized into a PB; he offered to fly all the way to do just that. I graciously offered that he does this: he could stand in the western shore of USA, and I in the eastern shore of the South China Sea, and he would call me on my cell phone, and perform the baptism remotely. This way he could save the airfare as well as the arduous journey, and channel the savings to some good use. He didn't pursue the idea.

18 Comments

Peter Petersen
I also realised some Reformer Facebook friends deleted me recently. Not sure why, and not that I care much, but hope i didnt display any carnality under my Facebook profile or cause other believers to stumble in some way. I don't know.

Bill Taylor
Apparently, Calvin's model of killing those who don't agree with you is still in full operation.

Nelda Bryant
Did Calvin burn a man alive at the stake?

PJ Walters
Maybe a third alternative is that you were sound when those elders visited you, but now you are not.

Michael D. Green Jr.
Yes, he consented to the death of Michael Servetus due to theological differences.

Sing F Lau
We would be better off talking about the polar bear than the Genevan. <LOL> No disrespect is intended in any way.

Bill Taylor
I have found that there are points of biblical interpretation that many brethren will not allow that their "corporate" view may not be the only feasible one. Fundamental doctrines of grace are not under consideration for leeway; but other points should be. I don't happen to agree with Bro. Sing on some of his biblical perspectives; but I will not call him unsound just because he believes those things differently from me. Brethren, if you will think a man an heretic because he has a different view of Lazarus and the rich man (was he in a literal hell or not), then you will mark me as an heretic as well. (Please don't start a dialogue on why it HAD to be literal hell). I don't agree with Bro. Sing's understanding of hell and the lake of fire (from the standpoint of who is in hell at any given time), but I will not throw him away because I don't agree with him. Go read his understanding of justification and see if you can develop arguments against it. NONE of us has ever had, nor ever will have, perfect understanding in this life.

J.E. Griffis
Well said, Brother Bill.

Charles Page
Who is brother Bill? Shame that all comments can't be read!

Mack Floyd
Sing F Lau, if a primitive baptist offered to baptise you remotely more than likely he was not a PB. We believe in submerging. But there are several different p.b.

Charles Page
Sing, were you visited by old school PBs or neo-absoluter PBs?
[I found out later that they were Calvinistic PBs. sing]

Mack Floyd
Charles Page, old school baptists don't visit not to try and convert them. Now there is a verse about if someone errs PB will visit but I think that's a member

Charles Page
Mack, I think you are right about that!!! Sing was visited by neo-absoluters!!!

 Mack Floyd
I heard of neonazi but not neo-absoluters but they believe everything was predestinated right, Charles Page?

Charles Page
Correct...PB absoluters are an abbreviated form of Calvinist.

Sing F Lau
Sing F Lau, if a primitive baptist offered to baptise you remotely more than likely he was not a PB. We believe in submerging. But there are several different PBs.
=========

No, no PB offered to baptize me remotely. I consented to be baptized like that to save them the enormous cost involved in flying here from the US.

Submersion is not a hindrance for baptism to be done remotely <lol>. I carry a waterproof cellphone... you on the other side of the globe say the appropriate words to me, and the moment I hear you say, "I now baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost," I will SUBMERGE myself below the water, handphone and all, stay submerged for 7x3 seconds, and come up

Please show no disrespect towards the PBs. They are good people.

Though there are "several different p.b.", I have only known the regular and good ones! My exposure is quite limited.

Charles Page
Amen, they are the nicest people even the neo-absoluters are nice people, cordial and courteous!