Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Own what you say!

So, don't put your words into my mouth!
 

I am responsible for what I have said or written,
I'm not responsible for what you understand what I have said or written; words do have precise meanings in their context.
Let there be no misunderstanding.

Thank you.

A wise thing to do is, FIRST understand what a man has said before you express your disagreement.

A fair, wise, and apt counsel:

"People who make statements which they have not thought through themselves would be better keeping their mouths shut until light dawns."
~~ Dr George Ella.

I learned this basic truth when I first started on my journey of self-learning many years ago.

Let me give you a hilarious example:

It's so easy to hear someone wrongly. I'll give you two examples.

I have said something to this effect, "Being baptized and remaining unchurched (not a member of a local church of Jesus Christ) is a monstrosity not known in the NT."

Some kind souls think I am calling such believers in Jesus Christ monsters! 😢😢😢

I have said, "Zoom becomes a curse if people use it as a substitute for assembling with the saints for worship." Sincere folks thought I said Zoom itself is a curse thing and is evil, etc. 😢😢😢