Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Toe the line, or else...!


The exchanges recorded here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201354430158216



January 16, 2014

#Toe_the_line_or_else
In any organized group, the subtle power to coerce and to conform or be ostracized is very real. If someone claims that the group he belongs to is an exception, I will grant him the benefit of the doubt.
When I was among the RBs, I experienced it personally... one has to toe the line. They will quote their favourite "reformed" theologians to shut you up. But I was reading things in the Scriptures that plainly (to me anyway) repudiate some of their cherished fables but I would just have to toe the line, and stick to their "standard reformed position" because those theologians knew better! And when I did begin to speak up, I was sacked, shunned, and smeared.

But that was the best thing to happen to me; I felt so liberated... for the first time, I felt like a FREEEEEEEEEEE man in Christ Jesus.
So, I'm very very weary of joining any church group that will give license to some men to lord over others... Let Jesus Christ ALONE be your Lord.

Newell
Amen, brother! The path to freedom lies outside the camp, where the religious leaders crucified our Lord!

Ante
I’m about to be kicked out of the church. It is MacArthur calminianistic church. It isn't even reformed. And then last Sunday there was a guest speaker. He is a graduate from our church college. And his sermon was john 3:16. The sermon started with a great man John Wesley and it was a typical arminian sermon. At the end, I just went home without saying anything. But the pastor pulled me over and asked me did I like what was preached. I said no. And he said we should part ways. Now I don't know am I kicked out and if so, what is the charge, and if heresy, what heresy.

Sing
Here is my thought on John 3:16.
I won't ask anyone if they like it... doesn't matter to me.

Dan
"They will quote their favourite "reformed" theologians to shut you up."
------------------------------
This so, so true, Bro. Sing. They resort to intellectual intimidation and hide behind the skirts of their theologians!

Newell
John 9:34 "They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out." Said of the man born blind, healed, and following Jesus.

Dan
I remember I had a discussion with Reformed fellow on immediate regeneration. When he could not get out of his spiral arguments, he started challenging my theological background and education, and finally boasted of his being a seminary professor. :)

[This is exactly the same condescending way the principal of a Ministerial Academy in the Philippines I interacted with!)

Newell
As you read the New Testament, notice who gave The Lord and His apostles the most problems - the Pharisees, who were the most conservative, restrictive segment of the Jews' religion.

Charles
Funny, I have had problems with another similar group!