Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Not greedy of filthy lucre

Beware of those who abuse religion as a means of gain.


Beware of those who abuse religion as a means of gain.

(Mary is a tender-hearted elderly lady in Greer, South Carolina…)

A conversation that reveals a common ill.
I have had conversations and exchanges where the issue is involved. I have given examples in the past.
==========

Mary
My brother, I hope things are going well for you and your family. I'm trying to find a sponsor for you. A local church. They support ministers all over the world. May I share your website address with them?

Sing
Thanks for your kind thoughts. The Lord has kept and preserved us. He sponsored all these years and our needs are provided for. My dear wife and I are doing well. Feel free to share whatever I put on the Internet; there are for public knowledge.
May the Lord bless you richly. Amen.

Mary
Praise the Lord. Are your financial needs met for the coming year? I will share your request with two very large churches in my area. There is also a local Bible college that may be able to help.

[For the record, I DID NOT make any request! sing]

Sing
In all my years (25 years next March) in the ministry, I have not requested for help for my financial needs. On a few occasions, I publicly appealed for financial assistance for others because of natural disasters. The Lord himself is my help. He has moved His people to give without me asking. I need to guard the dignity of the office of a minister; I must not shame my Master and Lord. He taught me to live with what He has seen fit to provide. He has seen us through the hardest time, the children are all grown up.

Mary
Praise the Lord, my brother. I am happy for your good report. God bless and keep you. I'm going to look into the church in Greenville. Thank you

Sing
The Greenville Church meets here:
212 E Standing Springs Road
Simpsonville, SC 29680.

I inquired and a couple said they live in Greer. If they can be of assistance to you to get you to church for worship and fellowship with the saints, I can pass your contact to them.

Mary
Could you tell me how to contact them? It would be much easier for me to do it that way. I also request prayer for my health if you will remember me

Sing
Dear Mary, I will pray for you. The couple who lives in Greer is Don and Nancy…

Their facebook page is here:
I grew up in a little town where I knew almost everyone. Maybe Greer is a big place. Otherwise, you may be acquainted with them.

Mary
Thank you so much. I don't have transportation at the moment and very much would like to attend a good church. I ask that you remember me in prayer. I have a number of health issues that are pressing. Thank you

Sing
You should be in bed now... passed midnight in Greer. It is 1.09pm where I am.
If transport is made available, you need to make effort to assemble with the saints for the spiritual good of your soul, heart, and mind!

Mary
It is getting late. I have trouble sleeping sometimes. Especially since I've had the flu

Sing
May the Lord give you good rest and gain your health and strength again, and enable you to assemble with the saints soon. Assembling with the saints will do us MIGHTY good, both spiritually and physically.

Mary
There's no question about that. Thank you so much for your prayers.

Sing
"Brother Sing, she can call me (Nancy) and I would gladly assist her in any way! My phone number is 864-979-xxxx. Email is nancy-xxxx@gmail.com. Please convey to Ms Mary my willingness to help in whatever way I can!"

[Sister Nancy, I will forward your reply to Mary. May the Lord bless a precious soul who seeks fellowship with the saints. Amen.]

Sister Mary, the above message is from the Christian couple from Greenville Church who lives in Greer. May the Lord bless you with a wonderful friendship and fellowship with them in the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Mary
(she forwarded me this appeal from a third party. I have altered all personal details…)

"Dear friend, please pray for my Church activities & church financial needs. Because my Church is very young Church. Also I started my Church activities inside/with Islamic & Hinduism peoples. For preaching & shearing the Gospel with those peoples, we need also financial Needs. Monthly we needs to print Gospel Tracks. Friend please pray for my family & my Church activities. Because still We don't have any supporter. I hope and pray that you will be stand behind with me & my Church. My Email is: ran-xyz-xyz-987@gmail.com.
Cell phone +880-abcdef-8346 (This is also my BCash Account Number). Friend I hope and pray you will be contract with me about my Church activities. God bless. Thanks."

"Dear friend please don't public my prayer request & my financial Needs on Facebook. Please bring it to God & please pray to God, He can supply our Ministry's activities Needs. God bless."
[copies verbatim]

Sing
Mary, because of my own principle, I lose respect for those who go around begging for money for the Lord's work. I fear what may be no less evil: hireling who love filthy lucre using the internet to fleece the naive but kind-hearted people of their money. My principle is simple: do the work with the means the Lord has provided.

The way the Apostles did the works is our example.

Sing
I have come across not a few such instances.

Mary
You will respect his privacy though?

Sing
For your sake, yes.
[I DID respect his privacy… all relevant details have been removed.]

Mary
Thank you so much. And for all your prayers and support. I received them but had to get off here for a while. And now I have to do it again. Have a good evening, morning, whatever the time is where you are. I'll be back in touch soon, okay? God bless