Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Some strange ideas...


Water wheel at a cultural village


Weird ideas exchanged... touching on
Universal love, particular atonement, equal chance, assumptions, etc...
Read and judge for yourself!!! Where are you in these matters?

Sing
God the Creator loves His creatures in the covenant of creation.
God the Redeemer loves His chosen people in the covenant of redemption.
That's plain and simple enough.

Berf
Perhaps, some of you will say that I am "reading too much into it," but I think 2 Peter 3:9 implies the idea that God loves everyone equally......

Cook
"us-ward" who is the letter written to?

Sing
Usward...
1:1 ¶ Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Cook
"like precious faith" how beautiful and powerful.

Sing
To "usward..."
- that have obtained like precious faith with us...
- that have been given all things that pertain unto life and godliness...
- that are given exceeding great and precious promises...
- that are partakers of divine nature...
- that have escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Nathan
So you're saying that only those that have faith in Christ are loved by God. What about the thousands and thousands of people who lived without ever hearing the name Jesus Christ? I believe that a just God gives each of His children an equal chance of receiving salvation, whether it's during this life or in the spirit world.

Sing
God DOES NOT give chance... much less equal chance of receiving salvation. If He gives chance, then no one will be saved. Chance is redundant to sinner dead in trespasses and sins.

God purposed salvation for His people.
Christ accomplished that same salvation for the same people.
The Spirit of God and Christ applies that salvation to each individual personally while they were dead in trespasses and sins.

These then are able to believe because the faith is worked in them by the indwelling Spirit.

Salvation is freely and sovereignly applied to each of God's chosen people. This salvation bestowed freely by God's grace NEGATES the need and place of chance in the matter of salvation.

Berf
On what do you base your assumption, Sing??.......

Sing
Berf, which one do you consider is assumption, and why? Thanks.

Berf
Everything we think or say about God is an assumption........

Sing
There is only ONE thing I assume when I speak of God and things concerning Him - that is - He HAS SPOKEN, and Has PRESERVED what He has spoken, and what He has spoken can be known and understood by those whom He has spoken to. Without that assumption we are indeed speaking like presumptuous fools.

2Tim 3
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Berf
And assumptions are based upon personal beliefs and preconceptions.....

Sing
I will leave you to speak your assumptions.
I will stick to what God has said, and preserved in the Scriptures... and based my "assumptions" on that sure foundation.
I have no hope of knowing God and His will apart from the Scriptures.
Thanks for sharing your assumptions. Thanks again.

==========





Obert
Sing you posted this the other day and I do not understand. I am hoping you can help me. here is the statement from you. "God the Creator loves His creatures in the covenant of creation. God the Redeemer loves His chosen people in the covenant of redemption. That's plain and simple enough." 


The first part that God loved his creature in the covenant of creation. I do understand the second statement though. I can not reconcille the two ideas . Help!

Sing
What is there to reconcile when there is no contradiction. You need to spell out the contradictions or inconsistencies between the two statements, then may be I can know where to begin to scratch! THANKS. You may just save me from an error.

Obert
NO likely I could save you from error but Where can I find the covenant of creation? I understand them to be separate covenants but where can I find the first?
The inconsistency would be the love ?

Sing
In the covenant of creation, God the Creator obligated His creatures to certain duties, and the Creator Himself voluntarily bound Himself to care and provide for His creatures. The love of God the Creator for His creatures and the love of God the Redeemer for His elect have no inconsistency. You may like to explain where is the inconsistency. Help me, please.
"In the covenant of CREATION..."

Obert
The covenant of creation? is that the conditional covenant between Adam and God?
I may have an idea in my head that is not consistent I see the love of God as eternal and never changing.

Sing
God as the Creator has bound Himself to love His creatures... to uphold and preserve the created order for the sake of His creatures.That love for the creatures will continue to the end of this world. The love for the elect begin before the time began and continues when the time is no more!

Obert
The rain on the just and unjust for the good of His elect?
He does not love the rocks with same love as yurself, right he is going to burn them up and i hope not you. Sing are you impling a "love" for the wicked as well as the elect being preserved in time?
Genesis 9:12 as apart! as a part of this covenant of creation?

Sing
The covenant of creation obligates man to obey God as their Creator, to acknowledge Him and honor Him. That is the basis of man being without excuse on the day of judgment.

Obert
Ecclesiastes 12:13,14?
I get that I think but I can not wrap my haed around the love factor.
I understand that all those that came from the loins of Adam #1 were hated and on their way to The lake unless they were placed in Adam #2 by covenant they wre secure in te mind and purpose of God before the conditional Covenant was made between God and Adam#1.

Sing
They were hated only in the sense they were BY PASSED in redemption. They were not hated as creatures of God...

Obert
Interesting I have always held that they were allowed to exist only because God was waiting for all of His elect to be conceived and regenerated. Can you show me where there is that different kind of love is known?

Sing
Mt 5 44 “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” =========

On what basis did God command you and I to love our enemies?
Our Father's example - Christ's answer.

Obert
Perfect answer right in front of me thanks Sing!!! difference between brotherly love and intimate love.
So not only does the world confuse words like salvation, world condemnation but also love. what a foo, i am.

Sing
You are no foo... you are a precious child of God...

Obert
I still don not have this little brain wrapped around that yet but I will pray and ask for grace to understand as I study.

Sing
My name is sing foo, and my school mates loved making fun of my name as sinful. I was always very annoyed until the day I was converted, and thought they were right all along... and the Lord was a friend of a sinful lad like me! I went my way REJOICING.

Obert
Amen brother!! thank you for your help!

sing
You helped me to learn a little more by your questions! THANKS.