Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Monday, December 28, 2015

Thou hast revealed them unto babes... to teach an old man!


Luke 10:21
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.


Our gracious and infinitely wise God has His mysterious ways of teaching His servant.

After giving four messages, and listening to one ministered by Brother Adam Well - all related to the subject of "Run the race set before you", the Lord ministered to me in this unique manner. The Lord has most certainly blessed the fellowship of the saints over the three days.

Little MK, a 3 year young lad, usually a shy boy, became quite friendly with me during lunch after the morning worship service. Having had his lunch, he came to me and sat on my lap while I was finishing mine. To say the least, I was delighted with his friendship!

After I had finished my lunch, MK tugged at me and led me out of the church hall to the common corridor, and he started to run at his kiddy pace, along the common corridor surrounding the 22units of 50'x20' shop-lots, with a wide break between lot 11 and lot 12. (The church occupies lot 11, on the 1st floor). He ran, and ran; keeping a distance of about 3m ahead of me. I wanted to hold his hand and just walk along, but he would not let me get near to him.

He ran, and ran, and came to the spot where he had first started his run... that's at least a 1000ft-circuit! He saw his maternal grandmother waiting for him at the church door, so he turned around and continued to run the other way, and covered another 1000 ft! He was having so much fun. I thought he would stop after two complete rounds around the block! But no, he continued! And he went for another half round, and would have kept on...... but his big loving daddy saw him, and swept him off his feet, and said, "that's enough for now!"

What a living demonstration to me on running the race. I too will run till my heavenly Father whisk me off my feet! I rejoice at the message the Lord delivered to me through this babe!

Thank you MK. May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you richly. Amen.