Things New and Old

Ancient truths revealed in the Scriptures are often forgotten, disbelieved or distorted, and therefore lost in the passage of time. Such ancient truths when rediscovered and relearned are 'new' additions to the treasury of ancient truths.

Christ showed many new things to the disciples, things prophesied by the prophets of old but hijacked and perverted by the elders and their traditions, but which Christ reclaimed and returned to His people.

Many things taught by the Apostles of Christ have been perverted or substituted over the centuries. Such fundamental doctrines like salvation by grace and justification have been hijacked and perverted and repudiated by sincere Christians. These doctrines need to be reclaimed and restored to God's people.

There are things both new and old here. "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things"
2Ti 2:7.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

'King James Bible is an Inspired Translation!' said a brother


A dear brother who is very convinced that the KJB is the inspired translation asked this rhetorical question :
"I do have a humble question to ask, Pastor Lau. What version of Bible are you using other than KJT as approved version, since IT is not inspired? Romans 24:31 is the verse I was talking about. (Rom=Romans)

I replied thus:

Hi Willie,

Your humble question deserves a plain answer.
Your question is thus: What version of Bible are you using other than KJT as approved version, since IT is not inspired?

Before I answer, let me help you to understand your own question first.
- Your question assumes there are different versions of the Bible. There is only ONE Bible, but are many TRANSLATIONS of the ONE Bible. KJB is one of the many translations in English.
- Your question assumes the KJ translation as the approved translation. My question is, approved by who? King James? Prince Willie? Who? God? How was that approval made known to the church of Jesus Christ?
- And before the KJ translation of the Bible, was there an approved translation, if yes, which one, and approved by whom?

I ask very simple question too, and I expect plain answers too.

I will give plain answers to your questions:
- I use the KJ translation of the Bible because in my humble understanding it is the only translation that preserves, and is faithful to the glorious and central truth of the "faith of Christ" in redemption. And that is enough for me, Lau Sing Foo.
- I use the KJ translation of the Bible NOT because I can prove that it is the BEST translation. To say that it is the best translation would presuppose that I'm must have the linguistic and translational expertise and theological acumen to determine that it is the best. Of course there are smart alecks who know a whole great deal more. 
- I use the KJ translation of the Bible NOT because it is the INSPIRED translation. The translators of the KJB claim no such thing... they were not SO FOOOOOOLISH nor impudent to do so! But there are smart alecks who think otherwise!

I use KJ translation of the Bible because of my simple faith that it is the preserved word of God's inspired Scriptures in the English language.

I leave other children of God to use other translations they are comfortable with UNTIL the Lord leads them to know better, and see the errors of the translations they are using!  I told M O.. all these things, but he is an INCORRIGIBLE man! He loves picking a fight and running down other believers he met who do not yet use KJ translation!

When the Lord showed me the truth, I willingly and gladly began using the KJ translation, without being harassed and pestered by people like you and M O!!!

In my KJ translation, Paul's epistle to the Romans ends with chapter 16. I will try to find an INSPIRED translation with Romans 24:31. If you have a copy of the INSPIRED translation, please quote the whole of Romans 24 so that I can take a look at the new revelation. I googled Romans 24:31 many times, but found nothing. May be my 10-years old MacMini can't cope with the latest things on the web. My apology!

A little humility will do you much good... it will make your hard-work in your bible study a little bit more fruitful.

Thank you again, and I hope your humble question receives a satisfactory answer.

sing
===